Interest in Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny55

5 Year Member
hello everyone,
I am Kenny and I am recently interested in tortoises through my Italian friend Daaavide. I have 2 dogs and soon will be going with davide to get a couple of water tortoises, from the countryside , of the little town of lacchiarella which is near Milan. Will keep you posted on future developments-:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kenny, and welcome to the Forum!!

Please be sure to read the few threads we've posted concerning dogs and tortoises.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) it's better to leave the wild in the wild and purchase your new turtles. Wild caught do not do as well in captivity as those born in captivity

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
kenny55 said:
hello everyone,
I am Kenny and I am recently interested in tortoises through my Italian friend Daaavide. I have 2 dogs and soon will be going with davide to get a couple of water tortoises, from the countryside , of the little town of lacchiarella which is near Milan. Will keep you posted on future developments-:)

Hello! I noticed you used the term "water tortoises." Bear in mind, although Australians refer to their native side-necked turtles as "tortoises," in the rest of the English-speaking world, the word "tortoise" refers to the most terrestrial, herbivorous turtles on Earth. You must mean that you are thinking of getting pond turtles, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.