Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fernley Nevada
Hello everyone.
There was some questions you asked me about my tort Wyatt and my box.So I thought ide better put it in this section. Kinda a long story about Wyatt.So here it goes,
The first awnser is the box isnt a 3 toed,hes/she is a eastern box,but thank you for you compliments.
Wyatts story,
I adopted 2 rt at first,Carl and Ron,Ron was really sick.He made it with us for only 2 months and then past.I was very attached and thought,what a way to treat these helpless little creatures.So wanting to save them all,I adapted 2 more.Wyatt and Charlie.Did there regualr vet check and they had worms.A month went buy and worm free finally.They had there own tort table and Carl still in his.I didn't have the lids on the cages quit ready yet . I had gone to the store to get some tort food and when I came back,Carl was in his table and the other two, Wyatt and charlie were gone.The table was completely destroyed.I ran outside and found Wyatt in my dogs mouth.We looked for Charlie,but it was to late,the dog ate him.

A couple of month after that had happened,my vet called and said some one left a rt in a box out side the vets place.So me being,want to save all the torts ran down there and adopted her from the vet.Sissy.They gave her to me and I gave them a donation to help other people that need treatments for there animals,but cant afford it.
Since then Wyatt has had worms and its been about 6 to 7 months of treatment and taking care of her shell.We are down to 2 eggs in her fecal and another month of treatment.Her kidneys were acting up,so we have her on some other meds for that.They are working cuz her urates are finally white.
So that's what has happened,all is better now.And she is completely healed and doing so much better.Not going to lie to you all it was the worst thing that has ever happened to me and my family.I now have lids on the tort tables and the dogs are never near them now.
I have before and after pics of Wyatt's shell if anyone would like to see them.Let me know.
Thank you all for the welcomes and your nice comments

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
That must have been very tramatic for you. I can't even imagine! I would be interested to see the pics. I have never seen shell damage. I would like to see where he began with his treatment.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I am glad Wyatt is on the road to recovery. Sorry for your other losses. Sometimes lessons are hard learned and at a horrible price. Congrats on the progress you and your torts have made.

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
Heres pics of ron and charlie
index5.png
indexCAR6C3FM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
Heres some pics of Wyatt when it happened
wyatt2.png
indexCA1BB9SO.png
indexCA3P3D3N.png

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
more before pics
indexCAAKBQUU.png
wyatt2.png

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
And some pics when it was healing
indexCALILLVK.png
indexCA44KBNY.png
indexCAMBIWRL.png

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
One more of here the other day being a piggy
013.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Wow, that is incredible. It is amazing the things they can come back from! Glad you were able to take such good care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.