Inside enclosure for babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSoldiersWife

5 Year Member
THis is the enclosure I put together for Pandora& Squirt, I have their lighting (not pictured) that clamps onto the side! Any opinions on changing it for better? Just want my babies happy & healthy!! I bring them outside during the day and night I bring them in my room !

image-249221201.png

Attachments

• image-3244680651.png
    image-3244680651.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-704138144.png
    image-704138144.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3691660719.png
    image-3691660719.png
    150 KB · Views: 40

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Looks good :) I have a couple of suggestions. The water dish pictured looks like the walls are too high for the babies to access it. Such a big water dish is difficult for them to use and it can be dangerous if they flip into it. Terra cotta saucers work well for watering dishes. They are inexpensive and easy to find.

Please don't rely on the clamps to secure your lights. These clamps often fail and can result in burning your tortoise and fires. A safer option would be to hang them from above. You can make post to hang them from above if needed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ditto. One other thing. If you get them outside every day, you really don't need the UVB light. So, save the running of it and only use it on the days they can't go out or winter months

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
To add to what Laurie and Barb have mentioned, I notice that their half-log hide is right up against the end. That's probably the best place for it, but when they climb on it, and they will, it will allow them to go right over the edge of the tub. Can you slip a piece of lexan or something between the hide and the tub to make the sidewall higher in that spot?

aSoldiersWife

5 Year Member
They haven't figured out the log climbing yet but I'll get some plexi glass and put it around the log! The watering dish does bother me bc I'm scared of the flipping issue! I'll change it to a dish! The light would be hard to put anywhere bc I move the so much ! The clamp seems pretty secure I don't see it falling on them unless someone would force it. Thank you everyone for the opinions & knowledge *^•^*

aSoldiersWife said:
They haven't figured out the log climbing yet but I'll get some plexi glass and put it around the log! The watering dish does bother me bc I'm scared of the flipping issue! I'll change it to a dish! The light would be hard to put anywhere bc I move the so much ! The clamp seems pretty secure I don't see it falling on them unless someone would force it. Thank you everyone for the opinions & knowledge *^•^*

Oh and this is just temporary bc we sprayed pesticide outside so they need to be indoors with us for at least 60+ days

Status
Not open for further replies.