Incoming Radiated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackowacko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi guys am new to this Forum but have been keeping a Leopard back home. Now that i am working in Surabaya Indonesia long term, i figure i wanted to have a friend at home! So i began my search from local websites n stores n lo n behold i managed to get a Radiated Tort coming to me in 3 days time!! Am really excited and at the same time a little sad cos there's just so much illegal trading of torts over here! I actually saw a Yniphora hatchling that was for sale but the price was just too much for me so i settled for a Radiated instead. Was so surprised to see Pancakes, Leopards, Red foots n Sulcatsa on sale here!! Not forgetting heaps of other reptiles as well!
Well the dealer told me that i get to choose from 4 Radiated that he has when he gets them in 3 days time so at least i can rescue 1 of them from the dealer!!
Since this is my 1st Radiated can any Forumers give me helpful tips though i have past experience keeping Stars as well.
As i stay in a condo apartment, i intend to to take him/her for daily walks at the park downstairs!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Just wherever you take him for 'walks' be very careful that were not any chemicals, sprays or such used on the lawn or garden. Good luck!!

Sardinecan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Watch out for dogs too. Thay could maul your little tort.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose, CA
Just curious how much that they're selling radiated tortoise in Indonesia, converted to US$? Is it cb or wc?

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
agiletorts said:
Just curious how much that they're selling radiated tortoise in Indonesia, converted to US$? Is it cb or wc?

i asked him the same question and he didnt answer.

jackowacko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi guys sorry for the late reply! Have been swamped with work plus my Radiated arrival delayed for some reason so am still waiting.... The dealers here are dodgy fellas n they wont tell if its cb or wc, though i suspect its very much taken from either cb farms or most likely wc!! How else would they be able to get baby radiated or ypihora torts!!

As for prices radiated 7.5cm are going for about USD300 whih is reasonable cos i have seen them selling before in Bangkok for 3-4 times more!!

Hope my info has been helpful n keeping my fingers crossed that my baby tort arrives!!

jasso2 said:
agiletorts said:

i asked him the same question and he didnt answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.