In search of a new baby Sulcata

Turtle16

Is there anyone on here in the Houston area selling baby sulcata hatchlings? Or know of anyone selling them?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings

Have you checked the For Sale section? LanceCham just advertized yesterday that he has a handful available. He sells great babies!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Turtle16

Thank you for all the info Tom. I just recently rescued a 2 year old less than a week ago. The owner had no idea how to take care of this little guy. Within the first 5 hours of having him, I knew something was really wrong with him. After a day went by and his activity didn't change, I made a herp appointment for him. Long story short, he was very malnourished, dehydrated and deficient in calcium. This little guy had a severe case of hookworms. With how little he was (100 grams at 2 years of age, NOT GOOD, red flag for any sulcata lover), the doctor said we either see him pass or try the dosage to see if he survives it. He passed early this morning :'( This whole situation brought about an amazing time to educate the previous owner on just how difficult this type of species is to take care. Its not just some tortoise that can be placed in an aquarium and fed maybe every other day (her thoughts and care for him) and not given any attention. It was sad to see him go but gave the owner a reality check on the suffering she caused this innocent baby.

The info you provided will be put to use and added to my knowledge of this fascinating species :)