I'm thinking of adopting this guy -

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Poor. bumpy fella. You could not do worse to the poor guy.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He seems quite healthy and happy though. We bonded today, and he ate some apple slices and a carrot while we were together. I was told he is 3 1/2 years old. Does he look too big for that age though? I've never kept redfoots so I don't know how big they are at that age. He's not big of course, just don't know how big they should be at this age.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
He seems quite healthy and happy though. We bonded today, and he ate some apple slices and a carrot while we were together. I was told he is 3 1/2 years old. Does he look too big for that age though? I've never kept redfoots so I don't know how big they are at that age. He's not big of course, just don't know how big they should be at this age.
How big is he. All my adults look bumpy from various different homes. They all seem happy and are outgoing. If you can provide a better home than its last home then the tort is in a better position.That's how I look at it. If I couldn't provide a tort with a better home than what its already got then I wouldn't take it on. I think you should get him, and give him a good life. Good luck

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Lisa, I know how big of a heart you have for animals. I say go for it! I can't help you with appropriate size for age, though. My guys seem to have a steroid factory hidden in their enclosure somewhere. At two years of age, one is already of breeding size. However, "your" tortoise looks about right for 3.5 years.. with nice chunky legs ;)

There will always be variations in growth rates. Doesn't seem to be a right or wrong to it as long as they *have* been growing.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Glad you are giving him home. Post a pic of his plastron, you may actually have a cherryhead. Hard to be sure from this angle.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most any member of this forum is a better home then someone that isn't a member. So, I think you should go for it as long as you have the room and means to provide a proper home for him. Keep us posted on what you do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He does seem big for three years.