I'm sooo excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
I will be going to Disney's Animal Kingdom in the morning and I'm so excited to see the Galapagos tortoises that I'm having a hard time sleeping! I did snooze for a bit though and dreamed that the Galapagos Tortoises' keeper invited me to go behind the scenes for a close-up experience. LOL! I've never seen one with my own eyes though. I've only seen pictures.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I did not know one was there? bring one home for me. :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Disney's Animal Kingdom, is this something new at Disneyland in Anaheim?

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Actually my family and I are vacationing at Disney World. We saw one Galapagos tortoise. I was a little bummed that we couldn't see more, but it was still awesome. I took pics With my Canon so I wont be able to upload them right now. We're currently waitinto see the Festival of the Lion King show again.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Let me see if I'm understanding: You live in SoCal, but you're vacationing in Florida?

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
i also will be visiting the animal kingdom next novemeber for vacation and such. Also, i can intern down there for my college if its cool as they say it is.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I hope its warm.. or they wont be out...
its a neat place.. i was there when they newly opened.. safari ride is cool.. different..

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Actually Yvonne, I live in Rocklin which is about 25 miles east of Sacramento.

Laura said:
I hope its warm.. or they wont be out...
its a neat place.. i was there when they newly opened.. safari ride is cool.. different..

There was one out. Not quite as big as I'd hoped to see but beautiful nonetheless. The Kilamanjaru safari was really cool. We went on it twice. Hopefully got some good pics. I'll post some when we get home.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Yep! We're sitting here at the airport in Orlando waiting to board our flight home. We are homesick!

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
We went to disneyworld in mid December left Illinois to freeze in Flordia, anyway if one goes there in animal kingdom if you take the train ride that is there it will take you back to a nature center and there were a few turtles and a few small tortoise there, also there is a building down the trail from the safari ride that had a set up with pancake tortoise and a few turtles. Only saw one large sulcata tortoise when we were there

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
We did ride the train and saw the turtles and tortoises back there and the pancake. We didn't see a Sulcata. Animal Kingdom- I loved it because I love animals and it seemed like they have done a pretty good job there. I loved the safari. The only complaint I have is that the pathways are pretty narrow when there's any type of crowd, and you had to go exploring to find some of the animals. Not all the trails were clearly marked on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.