Im new here :}

fallintotheskyy

Hey everyone ive recently adopted my very own desert tortoise here in southern arizona and he is a desert tortoise. Ive been very concerned about his eating cause i dont seem to see him eat the lettuce i provide him. He likea to walk on it and kinda burry it in a sence. Hope someone can provide me with great information on how to provide for the little guy and his age hes about four by six inches so not a hatchling thanks everyone hope to recwive aome help since im having trouble finding stuff online .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Do you know where the tortoise came from? If he was a wild tortoise, then he won't recognize lettuce as edible. Your tortoise should be eating grass and weeds, and he should be set up outside in a safe, well-planted yard where he can forage and take care of himself.

fallintotheskyy

Thanks guys and i think i might just moved into my place a few months ago amd he could be bought him from a stranger at the market id really like to build him a outdoor cage when i get a bunh of free time got lots of stray cats so im going t o have to enclose it and any type of grass ?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome!

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Wait...are which box turtle? The one you posted or Emmit?

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES