Illegal in New Jersey??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatMurray

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hey all!!

Well I ordered a baby Eastern Hermann's tortoise (Testudo hermanni boettgeri) from LLL Reptile last night. It was supposed to be an overnight but as of now they haven't contacted me or even taken the money out of my account. I live in New Jersey and I was wondering if they are not allowed to sell it to me? I ordered it at like 8 last night and I also just sent them an email. I don't know if i am being way too persistent or if its illegal for them to sell it to me. Please let me know any information regarding this. Thanks so much for your time.

Patrick

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its probably just a matter of who is first in line. They do a very large volume of business, and are not able to jump right on each order as it appears. Most online dealers have a place on their home page where you can check on an order. Try that to see the status of your order.

Yvonne

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It sounds to me, like they haven't yet checked their emails today. Could be they are out doing other things. Give them a day or so to respond and you also might try calling them too.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
8 last night? I would think for overnight, you might have to order earlier in the day.. it takes time to process, pack and ship...

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
LLLReptile will contact you and set up a ship time. You cannot just order an animal on line and get it the next day! If you spoke with someone and they said they would ship it, thats a different story! They want to be sure there is someone there to accept the package. Their gurantee of the animal is void if the package in not signed for with the first attempt for delivery! I agree with the way they handle their animal shippments, its really the best thing for the animal!

Also, they will not bill your credit card untill the animal ships, similar to most mail order places!

PatMurray

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thanks!!! I worked from 5am to 12 today and all I could think of is my new baby!! Lol. When i got home and didn't have a phone call or an e-mail I was way stressed. I went to the website and there is no tracking or way of knowing. I did receive an automatic email 5 minutes after i ordered it last night saying that my order has been submitted, just nothing regarding them shipping him/her to me. Sorry to seem a little crazy its just that I have been researching, saving up and building for this for over a month now and I am super anxious! Lol. Thank you!!

Patrick

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Once they ship the animal, they will send you the tracking number so you can go online and follow it's travel to you. We understand your excitement. I think we all go thru it, wether it's our first or 101st tort! :D Wait til it's on it's way, then your really going to be panicky. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Now that you're here and have piqued our interest, you must post pictures of baby Hermann and habitat when the stork finally makes the drop!

PatMurray

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thanks!! I realize that they can't teleport him/her and it takes proper time to pack and ship. I have put in a ton of research and time, its just that I can't wait to actually own him. Lol. I am very new at this and curious as to how this all goes down. I really appreciate your response and I hope to hear from them soon. Thanks again!!

Patrick

PatMurray

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello,

Lol, oh I will be posting albums of him! Lol. I have decided to name him Filbert and tonight I am going out to get the finishing touches on his set-up. (food and water dishes, spring salad, Mazuri pellets, vitamins...maybe a fake plant but I don't want him to munch on it and get hurt in any kind of way) I am going to eventually order edible flowers and a different variety of greens and veggies off the net but if you guys could help me out with a cheaper or more efficient food source it would be very much appreciated. Also the vitamins I should get is a little in question. If you could give me a specific kind that would be great. Its just the information I have read about talks about D3 and phosphorous and I don't want to give him the wrong kind. I just want to be more prepared than less! Thanks again!!!

Patrick

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
You will need to make yourself available (or a neighbor) to accept the overnight package, morning delivery by 10:30am. Signature required!

PatMurray

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thanks!! I literally just got the phone call and I am going to receive him tomorrow morning!! I can't wait!!!!! Filbert will be very much loved and cared for!!!!!!:D:D:D

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Once you get your Hermanns tortoise you will have to apply for a permit to keep him in New Jersey, Patrick. Just make sure you get a receipt. :D

Danny

PatMurray

5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm printing out the application now. Thanks!!!! I would have never known to do this!! Last thing I want is a tortoise raid!!! Lol...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.