Igores first visit with the outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

codyv34

5 Year Member
well its getting nice around here, in the 70's with a nice sun. i have had igore for a few months not very active at all. ill bring him out under his basking spot every morning wear he will lay and for a few minutes and usually get drink and go back under his hide or just go under his hide and skip drinking, he was eating little to non but it must have been enough to keep him going. he appeared to be healthy and in good shape when ever he was out. well today i brought him outside and it was like he was reborn, crawling all over like i had never seen before, so happy and lively, nibbling on the grass like a machine, i realized more then ever how important it will be for me to get him outside so he can be happy and healthy, i just wish that he could be happier in his enclosure :/ im thinking that if i add a 3rd light or a fluorescent tube, something low heat because i do not need anymore of that, that his indoor home would make him happier. but Igore will be seeing much more of my backyard this spring and summer.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
That is great to hear.....it is amazing isn't it what fresh air....natural sun and space to muck about will do to a tortoise spirit huh? Fantastic! :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Interesting revelation...

I'll be curious to see if more light indoors perks him up. Let us know.

Spring is almost here... :D

codyv34

5 Year Member
im curious to see how he will react to the added light also, its just weird how you could watch how he is indoors, and you wouldn't even believe it was the same tort. I feel bad, but in my climate, and my family has dogs, and ill still be at home for a year or to, so living outdoors isn't safe or possible, even if i made it so the dogs couldn't get in to the enclosure they would most likely hurt themselves trying to get in! but ill keep you guys posted i hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.