If you had your life to do over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
e-w-w-w! I'd hate to do that all over again!

I would wish that I weren't quite so lazy so that I could volunteer and live a more useful or meaningful life...helping others who aren't as lucky as I.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

I would get a better education and be nicer to people...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The thing is for all the mistakes and wrong choices I have made during my life so far, if I changed any of them I would not have what I have today. For instance I would not change anything and run the risk that by doing so, I would not have my four children or my husband. They are not perfect, but they make my life so much better than if they were not in it. Plus all in all, I do like my current life.

If I could make changes and not lose the things I hold most dear, these are some of the moments in my life I would changs...

1) I would have gone on to college after high school and became the veternarian I always dreamed of being.

2) I would not have married the first two men that I did. :p

3) I would never have given up my animals, especially my group of Bells Hingebacks because of trying to save one of those marriages.

4) I would have spent more time with my children when they were young thus been a better parent. Sorta along the same lines, I would have changed me worrying about all the things I did. Might also have helped if I had ever learned to really deal with people and develope good relationships.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I guess my thoughts were more along the career line.. dream job?
I would have loved to get more into Conservation. I can still possibly help some projects, but it would mean a huge life altering thing. and Im not getting any younger! Its hard to up and leave for a few weeks.. too many critters at home and a husband... not that i would change that.. but i would still like to get more involved in some way.. i have time still, just need to figure out the home side...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't think I would have changed a thing. I only worked for 9 months and then got married...had my kids...never went back to work. (I guess I was lucky..that I didn't have to) Because I was so young when I had my kids, we all grew up together and now they're my best friends. All the things that happened to me along the way only made me a stronger person. Life was never dull, even though I never had any kind of career. My dream job was always to be a MOM.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I agree with Terry O on the professional MOM career...I have loved being a mom of five and so far my kids have "done me proud"!

I would change the reckless, inconsiderate, self-centered, easily-led person I was from about age 13 to 22 into a someone I could be proud to tell my kids about.

Other than that (and that's over and done so I don't brood about it much, except when I'm reminded by my own kids' stellar ability to be responsible, respectable, and much admired for their work ethic), life is good and I mostly just count my blessings! I have so many....;)

TheACO731

5 Year Member
The OC
I only wish I had learned to play an instrument like guitar or piano when I was younger.

K412

5 Year Member
VA
I would never change the fact that I had my daughter when I was 16. I would choose another father for her though.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would have invested in ebay, apple, microsoft, and prob a dozen other firms, also I would have researched my pancake tortoise better when I was younger. ( he died) pre internet.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I'm just starting my adult life, but loving it so far! Of course I wish there was more time in the day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.