Ideas on more space

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OLYMPIA , WA
Hey everyone, i keep my redfoot in her own room were the temp is around 80f all the time with the humidity levels up. She is housed in a kiddy pool one of the 6 footers. With good substrate and water at all times, and has some places to hide as well. She is 8 inches in length and was wondering if you had any ideas on getting more space. I was thinking on laying plastic down on the floor and cutting the side out with a door to let her roam on the plastic during the day and putting her away for the night. i live in a apartment and in Washington and we only get sun and heat for about 4 months of the year.

I have had her for about two years and i am still trying to learn all the tricks

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi...have you considered building her a large tortoise table...perhaps a two story.....this would allow alot of space as well as space for some plants and other items for stimulation if your weather limits the outside time, you know? There are alot of great tort tables here on this forum for reference.... :D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
What I did in my den a couple years back was to lay a board across a 4x9 alcove, then line the area with a blue tarp, running it up the walls about 18" (I stapled mine up, but there are other options as well).

That gave me a large 'bathtub', so I laid a few inches of 'bioactive substrate' in it. If I did it again, I'd use cypress mulch- cheaper and lighter to drag in and out.

I used a couple plant hangers on the wall to dangle a big CHE nad UVB bulb, then used the room lights for background lighting, turning them on for 12 hours at a time.

I used a ceramic furnace and ultrasonic humidifier to keep the whole room 'good'. Next time, I'd build a simple plastic tent over the floor space and only heat/humidify in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.