ID that Turtle ( Challenge No. 5 )

enchilada

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Beach CA
I’m tired of all the turtle ID inquiry posts here which mostly turned out to be some ugly sliders . So I decided to increase the difficulty ;););)
I’ll give you the answer after I receive more than 10 replies to this post . Winner gets absolutely no prize ??
Here we go ( hint , This one is an old adult male .)

481FB56B-9499-461B-9075-4377ACF5B25C.jpeg06E8FBA3-123F-4C01-9A99-F79E3E288C88.jpeg3171C38F-35A7-42ED-AE5B-B6DEF6606851.jpeg

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
The nose looks more flattened than pictures I've seen of Apalone ferox and A. spiniferus.
I'll guess Pelodiscus sinensis... Although I'm not sure its nose is any flatter than the others I mentioned. :)

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
The nose looks more flattened than pictures I've seen of Apalone ferox and A. spiniferus.
I'll guess Pelodiscus sinensis... Although I'm not sure its nose is any flatter than the others I mentioned. :)
Look at the size of him compare to the plants ;)

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
Isn't that the one who lives in the zoo in China? :D Wikipedia says there are only 3 alive in the world???

Obbie

Minnesota
Okay, I saw that the Bronx Zoo took in a lot of turtles from a customs bust last year....or year before. They got them healthy and now have their own exhibit. It was nice to see they have contacts from zoos with Customs

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Isn't that the one who lives in the zoo in China? :D Wikipedia says there are only 3 alive in the world???
Yes . His wife died last year due to medical malpractice.?

good news today , they found one more in Vietnam

Obbie

Minnesota
That’s fantastic news !! I don’t understand why people have to get these terribly endangered species

C. Nelson

Grand Junction, CO
Yes . His wife died last year due to medical malpractice.?

good news today , they found one more in Vietnam

There was one at an educational aquarium here (now closed) in Grand Junction. They called it a Hog Nose for short. They said it came from Vietnam. Same size as the one you're showing. It had a very large tank to swim in.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
There was one at an educational aquarium here (now closed) in Grand Junction. They called it a Hog Nose for short. They said it came from Vietnam. Same size as the one you're showing. It had a very large tank to swim in.

It Can’t be Rafetus swinhoei. Probably an Amyda cartilaginea