ID Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
Hey guys, just joined your group. I'm a new Greek Tort owner and looking for an ID.

Thanks so much...

Attachments

• carapace.JPG
    carapace.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 79
  • plastron.JPG
    plastron.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 52

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
AZ
She's well formed. Nice smooth carapace.

Welcome to the group!

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
Thanks... I'm very proud of her. The breeder I got her from is a very passionate reptile collector.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
What a pretty lady tort! I'd say Jordanian or Antakyan Greek. Danny should be along shortly to correct me! :p

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Just a wild stab in the dark as i to am still learning but could she be a Tunisian greek? :p

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Can you take a picture of her head and front legs? She is either a "Golden" or a "Golden"/Antakyan cross.

Danny

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Perfect :D

She is a "Golden"/Antakyan cross.

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
wooooo part right! is it body color that tipped you off to her being part golden?

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
Oh wow! Thanks so much. She's about 4 1/2 years old. Considering she's a cross, is there any indication of her maximum size? Also, she tends to burrow a lot in the first few days I got her. I know its their nature, but she didn't do this too much at the pet shop. Is she still adjusting? Other than that, I think I've got things, more or less, under control...

speedy

5 Year Member
Chicago subs
brianfurtado said:
Hey guys, just joined your group. I'm a new Greek Tort owner and looking for an ID.

Thanks so much...

PLEASE TRY SOME HEAD PHOTOS

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
What's her SCL right now? Here's how to measure http://www.tlady.clara.net/measure.htm.

Greek females are generally over 6" fully grown.

She's a beauty! I'd love more pics! I have 3 Greeks myself, one is a little 7 month old Golden Antakyan cross, just like your new girl.

What's her name?

brianfurtado

5 Year Member
Her name is Chloe..

I have her in a large glass reptile terrarium right now which I know is not ideal but I have the sides all covered so she can't stress about her reflection or about getting passed the glass. I also keep the side doors open a bit on both ends for more airflow, but I have a cage lock so she can't muscle her way out. The temps are doing well too now... About 100-103 on the hotest basking side with 85-90 in the middle, and then 75-79 on the cool. I'll measure her soon but I don't want to take her out so she gets accustomed to the new digs... I'll be building a large tort box once warm weather hits here in Windsor Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.