I think Oliver may be sick?

gabby.santana

Location (City and/or State)
California
Yea I have been reading labels and their salt content is also too high. I want to give him something smelly. Thought I could with that but I guess not.

He still hasn't eaten. I decided to make his dinner at around 1 am this morning hoping he would eat but nope.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yea I have been reading labels and their salt content is also too high. I want to give him something smelly. Thought I could with that but I guess not.

He still hasn't eaten. I decided to make his dinner at around 1 am this morning hoping he would eat but nope.
you're talking about canned? I'm sorry I give fresh fish scraps to my box turtle my neighbor used to be a diver he would bring back halibut all of the time The Cat & The Box Turtle loved him

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
you're talking about canned? I'm sorry I give fresh fish scraps to my box turtle my neighbor used to be a diver he would bring back halibut all of the time The Cat & The Box Turtle loved him

My box turtles love hard boiled eggs shell and all! Great suggestion! Another option if your looking to increase protein and calcium is feed Oliver a pinkie mouse every so often. My box turtles love them, I especially feed them in the spring after hibernation and late summer before they start slowing down.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
My Jamaican Slider loves pinky mice but they are so small I give her three or four at a time. I don't think pinkies have much of anything in the way of nutrition if being fed just one at a time to a good size turtle. Mine will eat adult mice, and loves chicken liver (raw).