I need some ideas

YukdaTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
California
Does any body have some tortoise table ideas I really want to be creative with my new tortoise enclosure

Zoeclare

Uk
I think I saw you are looking for a redfoot egg or hatchling? In which case I would suggest a closed chamber. There are lots of different ideas on the forum for closed Chambers.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does any body have some tortoise table ideas I really want to be creative with my new tortoise enclosure
What species and size tortoise are you getting? Tortoise tables are not good for most tortoise applications.

Ember909

California
I'm no expert by any means, but from what I've read that type may be better off with a vivarium, i.e. a mostly or partially closed habitat. With those, it's much easier to regulate the environment to keep your tort healthy. Again though, I am far from an expert, so I could be totally wrong...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Closed chamber for babies and a tropical environment for adults so if you are not somewhere that has humidity that will melt your skin off you have to create it. Easy closed chamber is a made my @mark84 and for outdoor you need lots of plants and you can install misting systems to help increase the hunting your micro-climate. BTW where are you getting your tort from?

Ember909

California
Closed chamber for babies and a tropical environment for adults so if you are not somewhere that has humidity that will melt your skin off you have to create it. Easy closed chamber is a made my @mark84 and for outdoor you need lots of plants and you can install misting systems to help increase the hunting your micro-climate. BTW where are you getting your tort from?
From what I hear, getting your tort from a reputable breeder is key. You do NOT want to purchase from Tortoise Town. There in an entire thread here where people share all the bad things that happened when they bought a tortoise from Tortoise Town. It involves a lot of torts dying soon after purchase, actually kind of depressing ?

YukdaTortoise

California
I am getting my tort from Southern Reptiles

Saltwater60

New York
I’d keep it simple to keep issues low. Plus they do t need anything fancy or crazy. Mines a rectangle with some solid, rocks, and driftwood.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’d keep it simple to keep issues low. Plus they do t need anything fancy or crazy. Mines a rectangle with some solid, rocks, and driftwood.
I wanted to see how you and your family are getting through all this craziness... and it's March 2021 now. We got to chatting about old missed friends on another thread and I decided to try and find you. ? Sapphire is still enjoying his rocks.