I need help with my sulcata

Lil Kevo

Location (City and/or State)
CA
The problem is - that my tortoise’s shell isn’t smooth I know this isn’t good, but I have been trying to make it smooth, I give him baths, a water bowl, normal food like arugula or spinach. What I know is bad is that where I live is terrible, the humidity is way to low for my tortoise. If anyone can give me tips plz give them. Ok Bye

nicoleann2214

NY
The problem is - that my tortoise’s shell isn’t smooth I know this isn’t good, but I have been trying to make it smooth, I give him baths, a water bowl, normal food like arugula or spinach. What I know is bad is that where I live is terrible, the humidity is way to low for my tortoise. If anyone can give me tips plz give them. Ok Bye
What’re you housing it in? The best way is a closed chamber give this a read https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...se-a-sulcata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181503/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
May I see a picture of the not smooth shell?

If you're talking about pyramiding, ther are some things you can do to help.

Stop using desiccating lights and switch to a T5 fluorescent tube in conjunction with either a radiant heat panel or a ceramic heat emitter, using a thermostat to maintain temperature.

Maintain 80% or above humidity in the enclosure along with 80-85F degrees all over the whole enclosure, day and night.

These instructions are for baby tortoises. You neglected to give me very much info.

Lil Kevo

CA
May I see a picture of the not smooth shell?

If you're talking about pyramiding, ther are some things you can do to help.

Stop using desiccating lights and switch to a T5 fluorescent tube in conjunction with either a radiant heat panel or a ceramic heat emitter, using a thermostat to maintain temperature.

Maintain 80% or above humidity in the enclosure along with 80-85F degrees all over the whole enclosure, day and night.

These instructions are for baby tortoises. You neglected to give me very much info.
Thx too and my tortoise is a baby