I need help locating something

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
monkey could be a chimp not 100% sure, not riding standing next to it one foot on it looks like its about to issue a ticket

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I have done Google search after Google search looking for a picture of it I cannot find one anywhere no one in my family has a picture of it, at times I doubt it ever existed to be honest but I remember seeing it every time I went over to his house

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Do you know about how old it is? From 50's or 60's?
it was purchased in the late sixties by my mom with her babysitting money for my grandpa

Foursteels

5 Year Member
South Florida
it was purchased in the late sixties by my mom with her babysitting money for my grandpa

The original Planet of the Apes movie came out in 1968. Could it have been of one of the characters?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
The original Planet of the Apes movie came out in 1968. Could it have been of one of the characters?
No, it was just a monkey or chimp in a cop outfit issuimg a ticket it was meant to be humorous

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I have researched and researched too! It's kinda fun!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
apparently my memory is not as good as I thought it was I was discussing this with my mom here is what it looks like chimp in a cops outfit blue standing one foot on a fire hydrant not a motorcycle writing a ticket about 16 inches tall

cecely

5 Year Member
California
Random new member here..and I think I may have found it.

kd8kd3.jpg

Well, at least a picture of it.

My search first led me to an online Goodwill auction of an item called "Monkey Policeman 'Meet the Quota' Statuette". No pictures but the description matched--copyrighted 1977, 15" height, oh and the monkey dressed as a cop thing. Unfortunately, bidding on the item ended earlier this year.

So, did some more deep googling and found a number of expired Craigslist ads from a seller in Oregon, with pictures. First listed in ad for $45, then reduced to $25, which makes me think it might not have sold.

Long story short: we have a name, a picture, and someone in Oregon might have what you're looking for. I'd suggest posting a want ad on the Bend, Oregon Craigslist page.

Cheers,
CC

P.s. I'm determined to keep searching and help you find the actual item.

Not sure why. Probably because my grandfather recently died and I am experiencing my own version of your story--searching for the missing pieces of a clarinet, the top part of which I found in a ziplock tucked away in my grandpa's bag.

Although, it is relatives ransacking his things, not thieves (same difference?).

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA

kd8kd3.jpg

My search first led me to an online Goodwill auction of an item called "Monkey Policeman 'Meet the Quota' Statuette". No pictures but the description matched--copyrighted 1977, 15" height, oh and the monkey dressed as a cop thing. Unfortunately, bidding on the item ended earlier this year.

So, did some more deep googling and found a number of expired Craigslist ads from a seller in Oregon, with pictures. First listed in ad for $45, then reduced to $25, which makes me think it might not have sold.

Long story short: we have a name, a picture, and someone in Oregon might have what you're looking for. I'd suggest posting a want ad on the Bend, Oregon Craigslist page.

Cheers,
CC

Not sure why. Probably because my grandfather recently died and I am experiencing my own version of your story--searching for the missing pieces of a clarinet, the top part of which I found in a ziplock tucked away in my grandpa's bag.

Although, it is relatives ransacking his things, not thieves (same difference?).
I will check in the morning when my mom see if that matches her memory if that's not it that's got to be the closest picture ever of it. I can't thank you enough for helping me at least locate a picture of it & a possible lead

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Yay! Progress! If you find one here in Oregon let me know. I drive all over the state for work and could likely pick it up and ship it fi the seller is unwilling to do so.

Now you guys have me thinking about old family relics that I might want to try to hunt down. This is fun. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love how our members are pulling together to try to find this for you, David.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

kd8kd3.jpg

Cheers,
CC

Good job.
I've been searching for a policeman monkey ON a moyorcycle.

M

Maggie Cummings

Yay! Progress! If you find one here in Oregon let me know. I drive all over the state for work and could likely pick it up and ship it fi the seller is unwilling to do so.

If you go to Bend, come and get me first....

Last edited by a moderator: