I love that big brown truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Check out these sulcys. They arrived today. They are very sturdy little 3 inchers. Very active right out of the box, everything they should be. I never understood how people could get addicted to QVC and such. Now I know, It's all about that knock on the door! Ha! Ha!

and here they are soaking for a few minutes

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
They look good; nice and smooth. Where did you get them from? I know whatcha mean...Im waiting for my new MVB bulb and some mazuri to come in and Im already getting excited. You should have seen me when I first got my sulcata. :p

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thank you shmily. We got them here in AZ. 100% het for Ivory. They are as heavy as a couple of river rocks. Now I need to figure out a couple names for them.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Az tortoise compound said:
Thank you shmily. We got them here in AZ. 100% het for Ivory. They are as heavy as a couple of river rocks. Now I need to figure out a couple names for them.

The one I have is a HET. Do they have anymore. I ordered 2 of them but the other did not make it because he was lost in shipping for 7 days. I would really like to get another one.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
shmily1605 said:
Az tortoise compound said:

The one I have is a HET. Do they have anymore. I ordered 2 of them but the other did not make it because he was lost in shipping for 7 days. I would really like to get another one. How much are they?

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I always wanted to know; how tortoise are shipped? Does the box have air holes? is it over night shipped? is there a heating pad? I would really like to know.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'll tell you! I'm 47 and when Richard (Fife) sent Aladar, not only was I ecstatic but so was the UPS driver...that's one of the GREAT things about UPS...you get to know the driver and if they're not in a hurry, sometimes they'll share in your joy! Richard told me to expect Aladar by 11:00 AM and he arrived at 10:35...talk about a little kid on Christmas morning...that was me!

Richard lined the bottom of a Rubbermaid tub with a styrofoam "floor" then placed Aladar inside and snapped on the lid...talk about made-to-order. There was no room for Aladar to move...and when he arrived (overnight) the inside was pristine. I put him in the backyard and he started eating immediately. There were small holes punched into the lid of the tub. No artificial heat of any kind...being as he was shipped from Southern Arizona to Southern California in Spring, there was no need...then again, he's a medium-large animal...much more durable then hatchlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.