I lost one of my little guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
...He was on his back when I got home from work. It appears that he was on his way back from breakfast and flipped over right under the light, which is strange as there is no flip hazards there. Funny thing is, another one flipped over there while I was feeding the tortoises. Luckily I was right there to catch him before it got to hot. I have redesigned the habitat but there has never been an issue in there before today and now two in the exact same spot.

Anyway, Dre was a trooper. he was one of the ones that was growing funny that I asked about in an earlier post.

R.I.P. little guy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry for you :(. Are you sure one of the others in the same enclosure is not ramming them and flipping them? RIP Dre

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Could they be flipping each other?

You may need to add a web camera to record what is happening.

Good luck.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Oh, no. So sorry for your loss.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I thought about this because this afternoon Cush was flipped in the same spot. there is a slight hill over their tunnel hide but nobody flipped here before. Also, I put two of their brothers in with them last week and they might be the flippers. I got two more tubs this afternoon and I will be putting everyone in their own homes tonight before I go to bed.
On a happier note, I got another craigslist rescue bringing my total to 5 in two weeks. They all look healthy so the two adults will go to their forever home this weekend while the three year old will go to a quarantine home inside the same garden until after hibernation. I will miss them but am so excited that they are out of their horrible houses (one was in a bird cage and the other was the pet of a child who painted him) and will live free in a "wild" veggie garden!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Saleama said:
I thought about this because this afternoon Cush was flipped in the same spot. there is a slight hill over their tunnel hide but nobody flipped here before. Also, I put two of their brothers in with them last week and they might be the flippers. I got two more tubs this afternoon and I will be putting everyone in their own homes tonight before I go to bed.
On a happier note, I got another craigslist rescue bringing my total to 5 in two weeks. They all look healthy so the two adults will go to their forever home this weekend while the three year old will go to a quarantine home inside the same garden until after hibernation. I will miss them but am so excited that they are out of their horrible houses (one was in a bird cage and the other was the pet of a child who painted him) and will live free in a "wild" veggie garden!

So sorry to hear about your loss. But well done for finding better homes for those two little guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.