I got a box in the mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I can't stand it! I have been waiting and watching and anticipating and wishing for my Secret Santa box...and it finally came today. (deep sigh) I had no intention of waiting until Christmas to open it. After all I live alone and nobody would know if I opened it. But I have been feeling kinda poorly lately so my son went and picked up my mail while he was here taking care of me, and it CAME! It came! Oh gosh I can't tell you how excited I am. However, now I have to wait until Christmas to open it because he saw it and gave me a lecture about honesty and honor and different stuff like that. He made me sound like a boy scout for Peter sake! Crap! (very deep sigh) I don't have honor! But it came, it finally came (oh joy) I am so happy, so filled with happiness...Merry Christmas all...(while I am shaking and trying to smell the box):p

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
Aw, just open it! :p

And post a picture. Everyone needs to post a picture.

M

Maggie Cummings

Stop it you guys! I am TRYING to be good and honorable and above board and all that stuff...:D:D:D

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I would of opened it. Or better yet - put it outside of Bobs shed, let him open it.. Then it's fair game to look! :p

M

Maggie Cummings

SulcataSquirt said:
I would of opened it. Or better yet - put it outside of Bobs shed, let him open it.. Then it's fair game to look! :p

That's a great idea! That's what I'll do...

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
maggie3fan said:
SulcataSquirt said:

That's a great idea! That's what I'll do...

Make sure to take pictures or video proof! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Of course when he crushes what is inside, remember who gave you the idea to let Bob open it. :p :D

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
OK is this the thread we post our SS on? Or do we all start a new one????
I got a box also and am being a very good girl. The only thing that worries me is it sounds like there is moving parts inside. SO could it be alive????? or a ticking time bomb??
Can we at least post now where they are from???Mine came from St. Louis MO

..where did yours come from???

Isn't it strange to be...old....and still get excited from a strangers gift? How cool!!!

I hope my SS recipient is getting worried,,, I haven't sent mine out yet. Tomorrow for sure. Hey making it easier to not open..
Nay

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Jacqui said:
Of course when he crushes what is inside, remember who gave you the idea to let Bob open it. :p :D

Hey now! She would have NEVER thought to hold a grudge! It just would have ended up as another Bob story! :p :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey Nay: Who was it that was supposed to be getting a tarantula? Maybe that's why you hear moving parts???

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Hey Nay: Who was it that was supposed to be getting a tarantula? Maybe that's why you hear moving parts???

That was suppose to be Steph, if I recall correctly.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Wait, didn't Steph set this whole thing up?? So she really didn't get a Secret Santa did she?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I believe she said her brother chose the SS people.

M

Maggie Cummings

Nay said:
OK is this the thread we post our SS on? Or do we all start a new one????
I got a box also and am being a very good girl. The only thing that worries me is it sounds like there is moving parts inside. SO could it be alive????? or a ticking time bomb??
Can we at least post now where they are from???Mine came from St. Louis MO

..where did yours come from???

Isn't it strange to be...old....and still get excited from a strangers gift? How cool!!!

I hope my SS recipient is getting worried,,, I haven't sent mine out yet. Tomorrow for sure. Hey making it easier to not open..
Nay
Or with the moving parts inside yours could be broken...
I don't want to tell where mine came from, because I believe that makes it obvious who my SS is, and I don't want to spoil that part of it. I do believe I know who my SS is, due to the post mark...and I don't want to be embarrassed if I'm wrong.:p:D:D:tort:

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
So we shouldn't say where ours is from??
But then what, you guys guess?.
I hope my gift isn't broken:(
Now I really want to look...But I will wait,at least another few days.

M

Maggie Cummings

Yes Nay, I am really excited too. I am too pretty old to be this excited about a gift from a stranger, 'cept I don't think mines from a stranger.
We pretty much don't exchange gifts in my family, my son and his other half don't want any part of Christmas, so that makes Christmas kinda sad up here. But I put up my Earnhardt tree and try to have a good time anyway. So I am very excited about my SS gift, and I was just as excited to chose and wrap and send to my SS person too. That was just as fun. I am having a good time all around this SS thing.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think my toughest part, was trying to find a box that would work for shipping, but not be too offensive either. :D

Would have cute, if you got Mary Anne, to find a Depends case box to use. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.