I don't know whether my baby sulcata is okay??

tracey.p

Location (City and/or State)
Wembley, London
Hello everyone; I posted quite recently about my little baby sulcata, Flower, being raised the dry way by pet shop breeders, and how she wasn't eating or very active. I gratefully followed all of your advice, and.... she made it through Christmas and has really blossomed. She now has her own large vivarium, with two humid hides, a large water dish, a large log tunnel and lot's of sphagnum moss to keep in humidity. She eats very well, always greedy for more and drinks while soaking all the time. She really has been saved! Which sadly leads me to my next point; my other Sulcata, Crash, who was always very active, boisterous, greedy and fast, has suddenly slumped - he eats very little, if anything (will only take cucumber- no weeds or grass anymore), and he hardly moves. When he does move, he sniffs as though he is searching for food, but once found, loses interest. He still drinks, a lot, and he is in his own viv with the exact same conditions as Flower. Why is he failing now when he is in the perfect environment, compared to an open topped enclosure in which he thrived?? What should I do?

tracey.p

Location (City and/or State)
Wembley, London
I really hope not. I suppose all I can do is wait it out. Are the temps okay though - high 80's to mid 90's during the day at the warm end, and high 70's to low 80's during the night, as well as a cooler high 70's at the other end? I don't want to lose him...