I don't know how these have survived, but...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
what a miserable existence for these two Russians:

If anyone in the LA area is looking to rescue and can give these guys a better life, please consider doing so

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Happy Birthday
So disgusting that people can think that a 20 gallon is big enough for one, let alone two. Such idiots in this world!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Happy Birthday
So disgusting that people can think that a 20 gallon is big enough for one, let alone two. Such idiots in this world!

I know! I want to get these so badly, but I don't have a place to keep them, tho honestly just about anything I do with them would be better!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For now each in a large tub until you could rehome them would be better. But that's a ridiculous price they are asking.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent a note so nice email, hoping they will do some research and lower their price so the poor things can stop being abused and neglected.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hope this has a happy ending! And also, Happy Birthday!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Post has been deleted, so hopefully they've been saved!

More likely the person was getting emails about them and took it down. The post was very new, and he was asking for more money then they were worth in such terrible conditions. Worst would be if someone bought them as is and continued to keep them that way

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Maybe they will improve conditions and lower the price or surrender them to a rescue. That's what I suggested they do and to keep the aquarium as it's too small for one let alone two.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If I had the time, I would love to just rescue tortoises like this and have a giant breeding group of 100 Russians. DTs too. I'd just take in rescues and give them good homes all day long. Maybe someday...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah I wonder how hard it would be to just have a good size chunk of land and put Russian tortoises on it. How much you space you would need for X number of tortoises to be able to live without bullying the #!@$ out of each other

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah I wonder how hard it would be to just have a good size chunk of land and put Russian tortoises on it. How much you space you would need for X number of tortoises to be able to live without bullying the #!@$ out of each other
I'd make a row of enclosures down a wall or something that were around 10x20 feet each and house them all individually. I've already thought about this a number of times. I might try some groups, but I'd have to watch them closely. It would be a full time job, 7 days a week.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah, though honestly being in a more natural setting with the chance of bullying is better than being two in a 20 gallon tank with no lighting, etc