I did something stupid...

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
I got emotionally attached to a shelter dog, but there is no way I am going to be able to give him a home. At least not in the next 5-6 months. After that the situation should probably look a lot different.

:(

So now I am waiting for August/September to arrive and will revise my situation then. For now I can only pine...

Here a link to the cutie: http://www.hilfdemtier.ch/tav/

Does anyone have any tasty, chocolatey recipes to get me over this situation?

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Starting next semester I would be allowed to have my dog accompany me to the university, except for a few lectures. Right now he would have to stay home alone too often and that wouldn't be fair.

Maybe I will have to devide against a dog in 5-6 months, but chances are that it could be possible then.

My heart says yes, but my mind says no.

Urgh... I do hope that the dog finds a home soon, but I'll also be sad if I can't adopt him. Such a stupid situation.

(Sorry for the rant, but I need a place to vent my frustration ;) )

phebe121

Well to be honest id reather a dog be home alone with love then i a shelter scared and lost iv taking many animals in my rental aagreement so no animals allowed my house is full of them lol sometimes its not about mind its about what is right

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Well to be honest id reather a dog be home alone with love then i a shelter scared and lost iv taking many animals in my rental aagreement so no animals allowed my house is full of them lol sometimes its not about mind its about what is right

He's just been move to a foster home, so he's not in a complete shelter situation. Otherwise I would have got him straight away probably.

phebe121

Ok well that better the..a.shelter well try and work with the fosters and see if
in 6 months you can get her /him

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Ok well that better the..a.shelter well try and work with the fosters and see if
in 6 months you can get her /him
I was thinking about contacting them, but the problem is that for me to be able to get him, I need to pass all the exams in July and August, as only second years and up can bring their dogs as they aren't in the main building.

But I thought of contacting them, maybe I could even get to take him on walks or something in the meantime.

The situation is really complicazed right now...

phebe121

I would and try your heardest with your grades and work.to your goal and take to dog for walk buy treats whatever make ya happy

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Studying hard! We are 120 people now, but at least 60 will have to repeat the year or at least repeat am exam.

Attachments

• 1425294705253.jpg
    1425294705253.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 7

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Veterinary medicine, second semester. Starting from the 2nd year our lectures will be in the clinic and not on the main campus. That's why you can bring your dogs. But the exams are tough, 40 from the 120 students in my year are repeating this year and in some exams more than 60% fail.

phebe121

Wow cool my sister has been a vet tech for 11 yrs now and loves every min of it

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Wow cool my sister has been a vet tech for 11 yrs now and loves every min of it

Cool! So far I am loving it as well, but it is a lot of work. At least this whole situation gives me an extra boost of motivation!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Yes my sister can practically diagnose any animal
At the moment I know as much about animal illnesses as the next person. Right now we are doing the basics, such as anatomy, chemistry, physics etc.

Starting 3rd year I'll also have night shifts at the hospital, I am really curious about that!

phebe121

Ya youll love it most of animal meds are the same as are meds and my sister love surgery parts to youll learn so much

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Ya youll love it most of animal meds are the same as are meds and my sister love surgery parts to youll learn so much
I REALLY want this, so I am giving it my all. It allways motivates me to hear about people who habe worked in this field for years and still love it.

What direction does your sister work in? Small animals, horses or livestock?

phebe121

Small animal dogs,cat,birds,rats,bunnys,turtles,torts,all tha kinda stuff

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
i just heard from a family friend that they may be looking for a new home for their desert tortoise, 'Paulina'. if i adopt paulina what are warning signs i should look for? i'm not entirely sure what her life has been like thus far. are there any tell tale signs of sickness or depression etc etc?
thanks in advance!
That's the direction I am thinking of in. I might change my mind in a year or two, but at the moment that's what I plan on doing.