I can't believe 😭

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I'm losing it at this point. I'm having to help educate a professional person on how to prepare my brother's taxes this year. It's the same major business we've been using for years. Her figures are wrong. So far I've been right. Oh my garsh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm losing it at this point. I'm having to help educate a professional person on how to prepare my brother's taxes this year. It's the same major business we've been using for years. Her figures are wrong. So far I've been right. Oh my garsh
Ever think about doing it yourself and save the fee?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
My wife loved doing tax returns. Her record was doing 183 one year. She did returns for people all over the USA farmers, union organizers , individuals, and businesses. She did them free for older people and students that had worked during that year. It took me months to shred all the paperwork that her clients didn't want back after she passed away. I've already gotten my federal return back and used that to pay my Maryland taxes.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Math, no wonder they made mistakes......there is no requirement for them to do it correctly is there?

I do my own...you should too Ms Cathie....you're a smart girl.....obviously smarter than those you are PAYING to make errors.

So, how much do you pay for mistakes? trust me, THEY won't want to keep that money once they see what's it going to cost them when the entire Internet is chatting them up!

Come on, WHO is the firm>?>

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Tax time is always stressful for me. Due to my wife's health condition, she job hops a lot throughout the year. Not unusual for her to have 5 or 6 W2s in a given year. Most tax prep places charge per w2. Not worth it to us considering we always owe to federal, so i do them myself. Thankfully we only owe a little over 1K this year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I use TurboTax. Being on Social Security (a set in stone amount every year) and a small pension from the phone company, I get the exact same amount back from the fed and the state every year. The amount I pay TurboTax is less than the amount I get back from the gov, so it's a win win for me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ever think about doing it yourself and save the fee?
I have always done my own but Joe's are really complicated. It's worth having a company do it for Joe. I still know enough to know when the figures ain't right. This is the first year with that company that this has happened. There's a silly thing with our city and state school taxes that everyone misses though so I informed her of it. She's being receptive to learning. We'll see.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Math, no wonder they made mistakes......there is no requirement for them to do it correctly is there?

I do my own...you should too Ms Cathie....you're a smart girl.....obviously smarter than those you are PAYING to make errors.

So, how much do you pay for mistakes? trust me, THEY won't want to keep that money once they see what's it going to cost them when the entire Internet is chatting them up!

Come on, WHO is the firm>?>
Liberty liberty 🗽