Ok, Let's All Try to be Adults About This...

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Our Manouria emys phayrei (and emys emys for that matter) continue to "wow" us with their amazing antics, vocal capabilities and responsiveness on a daily basis. We can often hear them grunting and moaning from across the property while working with other species on the farm. I know all of you who work with this species are probably constantly entertained by them. Well, here's a link to a "quick clip" we did on the successful mating of a phayrei pair of ours. Some of you may giggle, and some of you might laugh out loud like my 87 year old grandmother did, but either way, it's an interesting piece.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/vEdakp5BOps

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like dinosaurs roaring. What freaked me out and was so funny, were his eyes rolling when he pulled his head in. LOL. Fingers crossed you will have babes. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing.

Lexie

5 Year Member
No idea! I'm trying to be an adult, but I definitely laughed ;-) Hope the mating is a success! Please keep us posted with after math!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Great video! I agree with Barb.... He sounds just like a dinosaur!

Good luck and thanks for the laugh!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Okay, so while I am a grown up (most days)..I instantly become childish and laugh really hard when I see and hear this activity from a tortoise....simply can not help it....:p:p

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Giggle giggle [WHITE SMILING FACE]️[WHITE SMILING FACE]️