Hydrating sulcatas properly

kay papadakis

Location (City and/or State)
phoenix arizona
Hi, first time I’ve been here. I live in Phoenix and today it’s 105. Way too early for that heat. I have 3 sulcatas. In the daytime I put them In an enclosure that has shade. I feed them zoomed grassland pellets softened with water, vegetable & fruit along wi Timothy hay. I have read that keeping a bowl of water in enclosure is not proper. Is the correct way to put them in water for 30 minutes to hydrate a couple times a week. They are 5 years old. I worry about our extreme heat in summer. Please give me advice. I do bring them in at night. Thank you Kay Papadakis

Rex1718

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SC
They should always have access to water. I have several different water bowls in my sulcata’s enclosure. And a big bowl big enough for him to soak in. I try to soak him about 3 or 4 times a week.
He feeds mainly on grasses and weeds in his enclosure. I give zoomed pellets on or twice a week.
I wouldn’t feed much fruit, it’s not good for them. A small fruit treat once in a while won’t hurt, but shouldn’t be part of the main diet.