Hunkered down in Boston with my Hermann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermann

10 Year Member!
Hermann chillin.JPG

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the collective wisdom and friendship I've seen here as a lurker. Happy to join and introduce my friend Hermann. (Original name for a Hermann's tortoise, I know, but that's what happens when you let your 7 year old name him.) We think he's about 3 or 4 years old, and we've had him for about 5 months. I am eager for things to thaw out here in Boston so I can build a big outdoor enclosure in my back yard and let Hermann roam in the summertime.

I'll post a couple pics of Hermann and his indoor enclosure. I welcome feedback or suggestions on anything, really, since I'm new, but particularly on indoor and outdoor enclosures. (My indoor enclosure is 2x4 feet, cypress substrate with safe hides, basking rock under UVB light, CHB heating element, some other rocks and a little bowl of water that he tries to avoid each day.)

Mainly, though, I'm saying hello and I look forward to meeting you good people in various posts.

Erik

Hermann in the mulch.JPG
Indoor enclosure 1.jpg
Indoor enclosure 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Welcome Erik! He's a cutie :) nice enclosure too.. I'm not familiar with the substrate tho..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Erik!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) nice looking tort and the enclosure looks good. I'm with you, the summer needs to get here quick:D

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Nice, smooth tort you have there! And nice enclosure! :) I'm in Boston too...so excited it hit 50 today!

Status
Not open for further replies.