humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam22188

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Mill, SC
Simple question. What should the humidity be for a greek tort around 6months old? I have read on many care sheets that they need a fairly dry environment and now that she is slightly starting to pyramid I am a little worried that I haven't been keeping her humidity high enough :( Please Help!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Warm and humid is the correct combination....I would say that if your humidity is around 60% you should be fine....IMHO....also make sure that you continue to provide warm temps to go along with keeping the humidity up,,,,cold and humid is bad, warm and humid is good for the babies....:D

Wait around and others will also share their opinion with you....

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with ascott. Around 60% is good. I just churned the substate in Naiya's table and it is at 73% right now which is a bit high but it will mellow out in a day or two. I have a heat pad under her sleeping hide where she goes at night and it stays at a comfy 83 degrees F or so. Humid and warm just how she likes it :) If you mist her regularly it will help as well. See Tom's research thread about pyramiding and moisture to get some ideas! Hope this helps you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.