Humidity in indoor enclosure for 2 year old Hermanns Tortoise

Rodica@NZ

5 Year Member
Hi all
I am worried about the humidity level in my indoor enclosure. I have had my Hermanns Tortoise for approximately 3 weeks and although he goes outside in a outdoor enclosure everyday as we are having a good summer here at present. I bring him in at night around 7.30pm everynight. I noticed that the humidity reading in his enclosure at night is reading around 70% and tonight it was 83%. The room I have him in has also got a 2.8m tank with 2 Reeves turtles in it, so I assume that kinda helps with keeping the humidity quite high. So I need to know what humidity levels are best for my two year old. The breeder kept him outside full time and apparently he has had already gone through a hibernation, he did this the natural way, not the fridge way/ I am in New Zealand and where I live the climate is slightly colder than where he came from, so that's one of the reasons I bring him in at night plus of course to avoid him being stolen as Tortoises are rare here. Our temperatures at night at present fall to around 15 degrees so I thought it was kinder to bring him in at night. The breeder told me to just leave him outside like he's used to, He also told me not to worry about humidity levels, but I gather he is wrong. Any comments, opinions or advise is very much appreciated. Thanks

RedFire

Location (City and/or State)
Beijing,China
Hi, I have 2 hermanns and smaller than yours. They are living a wood box enclosure, I control and keep the temperature in 22-31℃,humidity in 50-70, sometimes lower. I think New Zealand's is cold, so a strong health will be alive outside.