Humidity etc. for my young sulcata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
I cant help it, I have good faith in everyone here so I want to dbl check everything i researched prior to finding this wonderful message board..

What should my enclosures humidity levels range from in the basking zone, the midzone and his hide...

I currently do not have his hide setup as a humid hide , well no moss or anything inside it.. just the 50/50 sand/coconut fiber substrate that gets misted.. but i mist the basking are rocks and substrate as well..

The humidity on the basking zone is reading 30%
and the inside of his hide is at 47%...

Since I got him yesterday he's drank from his water dish 2x that ive seen.. and drank some of his water from the dish i soaked him in today ( for 10 min )..

Am I ok this way? should i make his hide a more humid hide by adding in some moss, or perhapse some timothy hay chopped a bit and misted regularly?

what do yas think

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
My sulcatas are on aspen there for they have no humidity, I have a rubbermaid container w/ a sponge on the top that I spray twice a day to keep it moist, I then have it set under the lamps to keep it warm and moist. I found mine do not like wet substrates, they always stayed in the dry spot under the lamp, now w/ aspen they cruise all over. So I would just keep the hide humid and not worry about anything else. As far as water doing good. http://web.archive.org/web/20070420173151/http://www.sulcata-station.org/

scotth42

10 Year Member!
i noticed my soil was getting to dry and dusty i added some sand and wet the soil a bit and now she stays under the light and not in her hide i wonder if thats from wetting the soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.