Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
Just a quick question,
what do you guys use for a humid hide?
Also how do you make it really humid inside the hide?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Well....

For how to keep it humid inside...

Sphagnum moss?

String a sponge to the top of the hide.

Papertowels....

mist in there more than anywhere...

for the hide...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1cxK4BkpC

Me personally...

I used this..
1-14.jpg

and put a net in it after cutting around it i put sphagnum moss with a sponge in the net....garden tied it to the roof(?)
Poked holes in the roof(?) so i could get water into it easily...it worked well but he started pushing it around like a gangsta ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Humid-Box?highlight=humid+hide#axzz1cxK4BkpC

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
I use small plastic garbage bins-Rectangular shaped tipped on sides and put inside some moist spagnum moss or cypress mulch and peat moss-whatever I have on hand. There are 3 in my Red Foot enclosure but more often than not the 3 tortoises cram together in one through choice!!;)

Tortoise said:
I use small plastic garbage bins-Rectangular shaped tipped on sides and put inside some moist spagnum moss or cypress mulch and peat moss-whatever I have on hand. There are 3 in my Red Foot enclosure but more often than not the 3 tortoises cram together in one through choice!!;)

Another idea I saw was a small Rubbermaid storage box with lid on.A hole was cut into the side and the box had inside some moss, mulch etc that was kept moist. Seemed like the tortoise liked to use that too.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I use a tupperware bowl with a lid hole cut in the side with some moist moss inside on top of a heat mat plus I have a humidifier in the room as well

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
we have a black dish washing tub from walmart with a door cut in it and a half log infront of that as the entrance, under about 4 or 5 inches of coir that is in the hide is some heat cable, which keeps its a hot and humid 80 in their.

Status
Not open for further replies.