How to weigh Wilbur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
I have tried to weigh my little guy on three different scales and he does not even register. What is the best way to weigh him? What do you use?

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hi, I weigh myself and then weigh the 2 of us together and subtract the difference. My 2 weigh over 30lbs though. I'm not sure how big yours is.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
tiff3grl said:
Hi, I weigh myself and then weigh the 2 of us together and subtract the difference. My 2 weigh over 30lbs though. I'm not sure how big yours is.

I did that and it was only a 1lb difference and I am not sure just how accurate that was.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ya, I guess it doesn't work so well when they are that small.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You need a scale that weighs in grams. I bought an expensive, fancy schmantzy bird scale years ago, before I knew I could go to Target or Walmart and get a good kitchen scale for $24.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tom said:
You need a scale that weighs in grams. I bought an expensive, fancy schmantzy bird scale years ago, before I knew I could go to Target or Walmart and get a good kitchen scale for $24.

Me too, lol.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I got a food grade scale from Target, it was about $25 and it measures my 3 hatchling box turtles with no problems two are 8 grams and one is 7 grams....

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
people probably think your a drug dealer when you buy one of those
:p but i was going to buy one tomorrow! or this week, i have been wanting to keep track of my little guys weight!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yep, my wife got digital scales to weigh food so now Cooper uses them, at least for a while, he is starting to get too big to sit on them! :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
AshleyJones said:
I use a food scale I bought from walmart.

I like that name Tonka, that's what my mom named her puppy, but I think it sounds much better for a tort!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Schlomo said:
laramie said:
I have tried to weigh my little guy on three different scales and he does not even register. What is the best way to weigh him? What do you use?

I was thinking about ordering something like this to weight my baby Hermann's: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QS087A/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
I have a similar scale that registers in both grams, ounces or pounds (up to 12 lbs).

For larger torts, a good digital bathroom scale should be fine.

chase thorn said:
people probably think your a drug dealer when you buy one of those
:p but i was going to buy one tomorrow! or this week, i have been wanting to keep track of my little guys weight!

In all honesty, a local "cannabis entrepreneur" gave me the site where he orders his scales... :p

electronic-kitchen-scale-15150455116.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.