How to keep out flies?

Jnics10

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Something similar happened to me. It turned out to be a dried-out drain. They were coming in from the drain and were attracted to my tort's food (he's a redfoot so grasses greens and fruits--obv it was mostly the fruit they liked).

I remedied the drain using a restaurant bleach-gel made for that purpose (managed a restaurant so "borrowed" it from there, lol) the gel gives you time to tinker and find out why the drain dried out (usually a broken pump, huge leak, or weird clog, or just not using that drain a lot). Also hung up a buuuuunch of flypaper and that took care of the rest of them.

Worth checking the drains esp if you have a basement. You'll usually be able to tell which it is by the smell or the flies hanging out near it.

Godspeed and good luck!

Sa Ga

MN
Wow 4-5 times a month you are seroius about the clean part! It could be something as simple as a piece of raw meat that they would lay eggs on. Good Luck
Was it 4-5 x per month or every 4-5 months? Cuz the latter is rather....infrequent.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Something similar happened to me. It turned out to be a dried-out drain. They were coming in from the drain and were attracted to my tort's food (he's a redfoot so grasses greens and fruits--obv it was mostly the fruit they liked).

I remedied the drain using a restaurant bleach-gel made for that purpose (managed a restaurant so "borrowed" it from there, lol) the gel gives you time to tinker and find out why the drain dried out (usually a broken pump, huge leak, or weird clog, or just not using that drain a lot). Also hung up a buuuuunch of flypaper and that took care of the rest of them.

Worth checking the drains esp if you have a basement. You'll usually be able to tell which it is by the smell or the flies hanging out near it.

Godspeed and good luck!
I was looking for flypaper to take a photo of....
It's not so common anymore.

Sa Ga

MN
I was looking for flypaper to take a photo of....
It's not so common anymore.
Could u just buy a mouse glue trap sheet (not those tiny trays, but these rectangular, cardstock thickness sheets) and maybe smear a little honey or something on it?