How to get rid of his number???

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Stanley is a hermann from uk and micro chipped how do I get rid of his number 15 on his shell?? (Painted to identify) I don't know how to remove safely ImageUploadedByTortForum1386976076.354121.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Do you know what he was painted with i.e., nail polish, latex paint, marker, etc ? If it is something that requires nail polish remover, I would get one that doesn't have acetone in it. Then use a q-tip to remove the paint or whatever it was. Keep us posted on what you plan to use.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I would not use mineral spirits. Those are pretty harsh. Looks like water based paint pen. It will rub off with a good scrubbing. May not be able to get it all but it will come off for sure. Use a tooth brush or something.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You can use some like paint and get the new stuff wet onto the old stuff and give a rub until the wet rubs the dry away...do it in small sections at a time....:D

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Ok thanks I think it's tippex I didn't want to use chemicals so I will try toothbrush 1st and go from there, I've tried with cotton bud whilst having his daily bath but he gets grumpy haha

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: How to get rid of his number???

tortadise said:
I would not use mineral spirits. Those are pretty harsh. Looks like water based paint pen. It will rub off with a good scrubbing. May not be able to get it all but it will come off for sure. Use a tooth brush or something.

Really? My vet said any non- oiled based solution without acitone (sp?) would work.. Good thing I haven't tried :sleepy:

Kele7710

5 Year Member
[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] got most of it off with a toothbrush will do it again tomorrow [TURTLE]