How often should i feed my tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose

5 Year Member
I feed them every day in the morning. Is that enough and also what is the best feeding time.

My Sulcata Michelangelo[TURTLE]
and my RedFoot Raphael [TURTLE]

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
CedarCreekLake, Texas
i feed mine in the morning, if he eats all of it then i give him more in the afternoon! the best feeding time is around the same time everyday!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I feed babies once a day, but I put down more food than they finish at one sitting. The remaining food stays there all day and the babies come back out throughout the day and eat more. By day's end the food is pretty dried out and old-looking, but they still nibble at it.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Good topic. I have an adult Sulcata (about 4 years old and 5 lbs) and an adult Greek.

The greek is a piglet and would eat himself to death, so I feed him in the morning and I weigh him weekly on a digital mail scale. He's holding his weight, so I assume he's getting what he needs.

Mo (Sulcata) on the other hand, is the poor guy missing most of his beak and has alot of trouble eating. I feed him morning and evening and sometimes he eats and sometimes he just bulldozes his greens. He prefers a certain weed in the yard. Won't touch Mazuri or Tort pellets, even soaked. I was tube feeding him but now that he's healthy and strong (rescued in bad shape about a month ago), he is fighting me so I stopped as not to loose his trust I'm slowly building.

Any input on these guys?

Sandy in Oregon

No kids, no husband, just critters and I'm happy.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I feed every day. If they eat it all up right away, I put out more in the afternoon. They can also graze when they are outside.

Caboose

5 Year Member
My sulcata loves to stuff him self and my Redfoot eats his veggies and his greens.

My Sulcata Michelangelo[TURTLE]
and my RedFoot Raphael [TURTLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.