How much can a sucata eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

boutselis

5 Year Member
Everyday we let maddie out into the big pasture so she can munch away to her hearts content

Pound for pound I don't think our horse ate this much. She just doesn't stop. It's not like there isn't food in her pen (though it is all short so eating is slow) plus we give her whole bags of kale. It's just non stop munching. I think it's a pig in a shell

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
They enjoy eating, if they are awake they are grazing or pacing...

boutselis

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
Do you supplement more than just kale?

Not really. she has a variety of different grasses and clovers to eat. We really give her kale and collards because she likes them so much and not as a sup. I have put piles of different grasses next to a pile of kale and the kale is always eaten first, then of course she eats the other and then anything else she can find if its not to much trouble. She doesn't seem to like to work for her food.

Its a lazy pig turtle:D

She also gets hibiscus flowers, a few a day and some tender vine leaves she seems to like but again its just because she likes them.

What would you recommend as a sup and what is it she may not be getting from the grasses?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Amazing, isn't it? I fed nine big heads or romaine to a trio of 10-12"ers once. They wanted more, but I was afraid to give them anymore. They went back to grazing right after that.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Mine keep on eating as long as there is food or untill the lights go out....seems like they are never satisfied..

Each one has there own style..

Tiny takes a few bites and basks..he does this every 5-10 minutes through out the day like clock work..

Tony takes a few bites and one lap of the enclosure..Does that all day..He cuts a path in the hay and wears a bare path in the paint of the sub flooring..And if he runs out of food he will still stop and look to see if there more every lap..

Susan..the smallest just parks herself in front of the food and never stops chewing..if the food runs out.. She sleeps.as soon as bring more food she will eat..never stopping(I wonder if this is normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.