How is he looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krischris

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Hi everybody. I’m new to tortoise and turtle world. My son kept asking us for a turtle. After 3 months and few researches, (we were hoping he would drop it) we end up with 1-year-old Russian tortoise. (That is what they told us at the pet store. His shell is about 3.5 inches long-if anyone can tell.) They also told us all the food, vegetables and fruit he will eat. We felt we could do it. After we got home, I did closer look up at the food and other stuff he will need just to make sure we are safe. Wow. I guess they were not giving us the best advice at the store. Our Tortoise (still waiting for his name) is also not looking (according to the pictures I saw at this web site: http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/webdiet.htm ) as healthy as they told us. We are having him outside in nice weather and he looks very happy and active. We also have plenty weeds he will need. I look at the “eating stones” articles on this great website, add cuttlebone, he is still crazy about, and supplements vitamins and minerals.
I just would like to know if his shell would get smoother over time with better diet, vitamins, minerals and sun light?
Any other suggestions?
Thank you all and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.