How does everyone do their on-line tortoise transactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a tortoise on-line and wanted to know how everyone else has done their transactions? I am worried about sending a lot of money and not getting the tortoise. Paypal only covers buyers if no package is received, but someone can send a box of rocks and there goes your money. Any suggestions on ensuring you get your tortoise when you pay up front?

chadk

10 Year Member!
Buy from a reputable breeder\seller. Tyler at TortoiseSupply.com is on this forum and has proved a reliable online seller for many of us.

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
I used 2 different breeders but both have been used on the forum with other members so I wasn't worried, and I used paypal as well

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
There is a section on the faunaclassifieds.com forum, called the BOI, or Board of Inquiry. Running a search on a particular seller there can bring up both good and bad experience threads. The mods there are pretty good about demanding proof of bad transactions, i.e. emails, screen shots of conversations, etc. so it isn't just people going on there and bashing others.

Also, run a google search on the person or company. Often times you will find info on good/bad experiences.

I use Paypal also. Yes, disputes cover packages not sent. However, if you save all of you emails and screenshots of conversations with the seller, and take photographic evidence of any problems, Paypal will still investigate a claim.

I have purchased tortoises three times now off the internet. The first experience was bad (and I will give the name of that seller to anyone who PMs me, I don't want others to go through the same mess I did, and I have emails to back up my claims against this person, including the name calling and harassment that I endured) but my following two were good. The second time I purchased was from Outback Reptiles, and I was very pleased. The third was a private transaction and I just received my tortoises yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.