How do you care for hatchlings? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Hi everyone...Ima newbie and just wanted to know how everyone else takes care of their hatchlings? I know everyone has a diff setup and diet but I want to learn as much I can...I like to know what people feed their hatchlings and what kind of enclosure, substrate, temp, humidity etc? Any info is greatly appreciated

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: How to care for hatchlings =)

Hi Kimmy:

There's already a wealth of information on this subject here on the forum...but you'll probably find it under the heading of the particular type of tortoise folks are talking about.

For instance, Tom has sulcata hatchlings, so he gave you the link to his thread on caring for sulcata hatchlings.

TerryO has box turtle hatchlings and red foot hatchlings, and she has some great info about how she cares for her hatchlings (totally different from sulcatas) under the appropriate headings.

I changed the subject line of this thread just a bit so that maybe you'll get more responses.

If you have specific questions, we'll be happy to help you.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I have a High Heat/ High Humidity set-up in a 40gallon breeder tank. I have 2 Leopards hatchlings in it for now.

DSCN0818.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.