How big should my western Hermanns be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamC

5 Year Member
Hiya, I have a 5 year old western hermann male with paperwork (so proof of hatch date) I was told he is the size of a two year old? Can anyone tell me what length is average? He is happy and healthy, eats well and loves a soak! He is called "little blue" (my daughter named him!)

SamC said:
Hiya, I have a 5 year old western hermann male with paperwork (so proof of hatch date) I was told he is the size of a two year old? Can anyone tell me what length is average? He is happy and healthy, eats well and loves a soak! He is called "little blue" (my daughter named him!)
The total should have been western hemanns!! Damn you spell check! Lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: How big should my western Grenache be??

Hi Sam:

Can't help you with your question, I just wanted to say, "Welcome to the forum!!"

May we know where you are?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum! (I fixed your title for you as well ;) )

I don't personally keep Hermanns so I will let someone with more experience answer. Details of your set up and pictures would be fantastic.

SamC

5 Year Member
Ahhh thanks everyone! This is my first tortoise so I want to know all I can about caring for him! I also have 2 daughters 5 and 2, a 7year old westie, 5 goldfish....oh and the hubby! Lol.
At the mo little blue is in the cage/hutch he came in while I save up for a proper home for him. He has a UVB light, heat lamp, little house, shallow tort water bowl that he came with. I also changed his bedding from newspaper to wood chip, gave him a cuttle fish for calcium. I've been feeding him the proper weeds and stopped giving him pellets and fruit which the last owner fed him. I read this is better for him?? Am I doing the right thing? His cage is 3ft by 1 1/2ft. I have also been giving him a tepid bath twice a week (which he seems to love) and rubbing pure olive oil on his shell. He seems to have pyramiding but will put a pic up for you all to see so you can advise me.
Have to say what a friendly forum!! Xxx

Oh I'm in Essex, England x

Status
Not open for further replies.