how am i looking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportychick

5 Year Member
Eating and mostly active yes... drinking not sure lol he does not soak himself so I do it twice a day and recently had to do baby food soaks and he looks better to me... he had solid urate so got advice on here.and ppl were very helpful!! I am grateful for this site :D

sportychick

5 Year Member
KimandKarasi said:
What an adorable tortoise you have! :D very nice! Everything looks great to me! :D

Thank you :) I'm always afraid of over feed and stuff. I read to many post lol :-D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Nah they will eat as much as they want to. Lots of times people associate a humanistic characterization to their animals. It's natural for us humans to do this. Think of other herbivores like cows or even sheep, even iguanas they eat and eat and eat. The process is much quicker and doesn't necessarily get super bloated and full like we do. Whatever he doesn't eat just save for a few hours later or the next day. I feed my torts sometimes 4 times a day. Of they eat it cool if not I'll save it.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
I agree with Tort up above. Save the food. Even if it will wilt, keep it around and feed it to him or her around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Sometimes my tortoises perfer cool or softer veggie around 4 basically when its hot outside... But the russian tortoise looks great I would just recommend mushing or blending the food till its use to eating leafier items. Try to tempt him with dandy lions or a leaf from the bottom of the weed.. welcome...

sportychick

5 Year Member
tyrs4u said:
I agree with Tort up above. Save the food. Even if it will wilt, keep it around and feed it to him or her around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Sometimes my tortoises perfer cool or softer veggie around 4 basically when its hot outside... But the russian tortoise looks great I would just recommend mushing or blending the food till its use to eating leafier items. Try to tempt him with dandy lions or a leaf from the bottom of the weed.. welcome...

I don't have a problem with him eating just don't want to over feed
:) the main thing.is he does not soak on his own so he was getting dryer. Had to start doing more.soaks and getting his pee back to liquid which today was perfect no white at all :D I feed him twice a day and his.first.feed is about his shell size..
And yes dandelions are a fav!!
Thanks I'm happy he seems to be doing well. Also he has been getting a lot.more sun these past couple days. Today was 2 and a half hours. He was up and out of hide eating and walking then laying still for 10 mins at a time from 8am til 3pm I think it was a good day lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Cute is how he is looking...:D and he is looking better already...patience...diligence and enjoy the extra time you are spending with him...:p

sportychick

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Cute is how he is looking...:D and he is looking better already...patience...diligence and enjoy the extra time you are spending with him...:p

Thank you :) to you.Maggie and Yoda :) all of you gave me wonderful helpful advice and quick...
So again I thank you all and cannot wait for more.photo opportunities hehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.