How’s my Mochi looking?

Jimmy1

Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Mochi is a 10 month old Indian star. I have had them since October 2023. Could you take a look at it Shell and let me know what you think?

He arrived at 28 g and now he’s 72 g I always feel like he’s growing slower than post. I’ve seen online of similar species, but it could just be my paranoia.

Attachments

• IMG_7639.jpeg
    IMG_7639.jpeg
    979.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7632.jpeg
    IMG_7632.jpeg
    843.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7640.jpeg
    IMG_7640.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He is looking great.
I have no idea about their size. As long as he is gaining, eating and doing everything he should be, I wouldn't worry about the size
However, if you don't already feed mazuri, you can start giving some of that soaked, twice a week if you want. It seems to do go with adding size on.

Jimmy1

NYC
He is looking great.
I have no idea about their size. As long as he is gaining, eating and doing everything he should be, I wouldn't worry about the size
However, if you don't already feed mazuri, you can start giving some of that soaked, twice a week if you want. It seems to do go with adding size on.
Thanks! I do have mazuri but i've been trying to limit his consumption of it because he goes CRAZY for it! I'll start giving it to him more frequently!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks! I do have mazuri but i've been trying to limit his consumption of it because he goes CRAZY for it! I'll start giving it to him more frequently!
Mix it with his other foods, just a little at a time smeared onto the other food. Most tortoises do go crazy for mazuri and some will refuse to eat the other foods. Mixing it in should help with that

Jimmy1

NYC
Mix it with his other foods, just a little at a time smeared onto the other food. Most tortoises do go crazy for mazuri and some will refuse to eat the other foods. Mixing it in should help with that
Yeah when I offer him some, its usually hammered down in to more fine particles, sprayed with water and brushed/sprinkled on his greens/weeds! I noticed that its a smart tortoise and kind of picks off the Mazuri though 😅