Horsfield Health - drowsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca48

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello, I am a new member and own 2 male Horsfields (2004)that now have to be separated due to aggressive behaviour.
My tortoises were at the vets several weeks ago as I was going away on holiday and my mam was taking their enclosure and having them at her house. I wanted to ake sure they were fine and the vet said that they were in good condition.
My tortoise, George has been drowsy ever since.
Basically, he is sleeping all the time unless I wake him up for his bath every evening. He then eats and then goes back to sleep. The other tortoise however, is constantly on the go. Should I be concerned?
The heat is controlled by a thermastat and the UV bulb was changed last month. He is lively when in the garden on warm days

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Mine has been quieter as well the past few weeks. no change, weather has been good.. Smoke is gone.
No cruising as much, but does eat.
Not much help to you, but thought Id mention that mine is doing the same thing....

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
Are your 2 males still seperate? Were they seperate at your mam's house?
Have there been any other changes?
It sounds like he just didn't deal with the change very well, where as your other male had no problem with the change.
If he's still eating when you get him up, than I wouldn't worry to much. It's when he stops eating for a bit that you want to start worrying about it. :D

Danny

Rebecca48

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for the advice and apologies for posting it in the wrong section of the forum!
Yes, both tortoises remained separated. Will keep an eye on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.