Horny tort :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Ok so over the last couple of days we have established that Harley my Russian is a boy. The thing is now his little man has made an appearance it keeps popping out to say hello! :s when he pees (assuming its pee) it pops out, is this normal?
Also I think he is pretty confused about it as he was just eating a snack off of a tub lid which had a tiny lip on it and started humping the edge! Is this normal? It in no way resembled anything tort shaped lol! Should I put. Something in his enclosure he can take any frustrations out on lol or just leave him?
Thanks x

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
laney said:
Ok so over the last couple of days we have established that Harley my Russian is a boy. The thing is now his little man has made an appearance it keeps popping out to say hello! :s when he pees (assuming its pee) it pops out, is this normal?
Also I think he is pretty confused about it as he was just eating a snack off of a tub lid which had a tiny lip on it and started humping the edge! Is this normal? It in no way resembled anything tort shaped lol! Should I put. Something in his enclosure he can take any frustrations out on lol or just leave him?
Thanks x

Any of you folks with experience of male torts know?

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Ahh it was out again but in his enclosure so all the dirt stuck to it!!! I quickly dipped him in his water to get the dirt off but if I'm not here and this happens couldn't he get an infection or something if it goes back in covered in dirt???
Oh mee boys are such a worry!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Totally normal. Why did he hump the lip of the food lid? Because he can...

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
oh yes, i too have a horny pancake. hes a pest , who needs another wife. my vet. says there is nothing to worry about(boys will be boys).

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Is this also common with larger tortoises like leopards?

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
On the funny side there was a track in the dirt where his manhood had been :L it was rather impressive but it really did just look like a ball of mud (don't think it helped he went through his water with it out) but I'm soo worried now this will hurt him or really irritate his genitals if he does it in dirt again. I know in the wild they manage just fine but the ground is more compacted and not loose :S
Can anyone let me know if it will be a problem? Should I change the substrate??
Ahh I'm such a worrier

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Ok so Harley gets super "turned on" by his food and nothing else lol future babies = half tort half weed :s

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
laney said:
Tom said:
Totally normal. Why did he hump the lip of the food lid? Because he can...

Haha :D
But Tom, what about the dirt thing? Could this be a problem?

In theory it seems like it could be a problem, but it never has been for me. My adults live outside in the dirt and it's never been an issue. My young leopards are suddenly highly sexualized too. They are indoors on old broken down orchid bark, and they have had no issues yet. I don't know of anyone who has had a problem with this. I think since they live this way in the wild, their bodies must be able to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.