Hope everyone is safe (California fires)

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Being in the UK, I have a poor understanding of the geography of California, sorry. I hope all our members and their tortoises are safe and well clear of the awful fires. Wishing you all well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The only thing bothering my section of California about the fires is a pall of smoke laying over the whole valley. It makes the sun quite dim.

288px-Map_california_central_valley.jpg

Where I live, Clovis, is right next to Fresno. The "Camp" fire is in the northern end of the valley near Redding, and the Southern California fire is down at the bottom of the picture around the Los Angeles area. It's approximately 500 miles from Redding to Bakersfield.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
The only thing bothering my section of California about the fires is a pall of smoke laying over the whole valley. It makes the sun quite dim.

288px-Map_california_central_valley.jpg

Where I live, Clovis, is right next to Fresno. The "Camp" fire is in the northern end of the valley near Redding, and the Southern California fire is down at the bottom of the picture around the Los Angeles area. It's approximately 500 miles from Redding to Bakersfield.
Thank you, that gives me done idea of the area, although I'm not sure where you all live [emoji57]

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well, unfortunately the Salton Sea has huge ecological problems...it's drying up. But it is beautiful to look at.
That's a terrible shame. We need to address the climate and ecological issues in the world. Hopefully one day it will be back.

Pecti

Location (City and/or State)
Istanbul
I was in California when it all started, horrible view and situation. A lot of properties for sale in Malibu were caught in fire, a lot of animals in forests died unfortunately... Till now a lot of people don't know what to do and if they will come back to the same area or change location for living.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm so sorry for everyone's losses. I hope that time will heal both the people and the environment. Best wishes to you all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tortoise Forum mobile app