Homing device.

heidi250273

So Shelvy loves his new enclosure and gets friendlier everyday! When he's looking attention he comes up to the glass and taps his nose against it to say he wants let out to run about. He has the choice of 3 hides to sleep in but can often be found with only his head covered and his back end stuck out with his hind legs splayed out like he's fallen from the sky. He loves having his face blown on and licks your cheek too. I feed him holistic pellets once a week and he seems to know when they are coming as he races from one end of the enclosure to the other end as if he has an inbuilt homing device to get to them. My little rescue tort is doing so well and keeps is all entertained. ImageUploadedByTortForum1394294629.740173.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1394294671.839050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like he's a fungus to have. Can you explain more what the holistic pellets are? I have not heard of this.

heidi250273

They are a dried pellet which you add water to so they swell up. He really likes the dandelion flavour but I limit this to once a week or I think he'd become lazy and not eat his greens.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are they made for humans or tortoises? Can you post a pic of the bag or container? Please:D

Is it from Komodo?

heidi250273

ImageUploadedByTortForum1394299448.069488.jpg
This is it, it comes in cucumber flavour too but Shelvy won't eat it.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks. I will try to get[/b] some for my Russian. He doesn't really like the Mazuri as much as my leopard.