hibernating torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I and so many others share your love and interest. ;)

Tortoises aren't, for the most part, super active animals. It takes time to sit down and just watch them do stuff. I think we all probably wish we had a set-up like Tim and Robins, where you could sit back in a big comfy recliner and look out onto stacked, glass-fronted vivariums and just watch tortoise life. Talk about the ultimate reality show! :p

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
desertsss said:
Update on Gordo and Twitch. I find it so strange to have a pet that is just....not around. My husband and I both are just weirded out. I also find it strange that they are hibernating with 60 degree temps. They have yet to wake up except when I accidentally left the heater vent on to that room for a few hours. I check on them constantly. They are so cute but at the same time I am still worried about them. I have never had a pet that hibernated. Goin crazy, I miss the little guys. They are doing well though. Every time I poke they twitch. humidity is a little high around 60, but they seem to be having no problems as of yet. I can't wait til they wake up. :(

I miss my hibernating torts every year. I believe it's good for them to hibernate, so I allow it, but I don't like it and look forward to seeing them trucking around the yard in the spring! :)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I bought from TFO booth at the show yesterday a packet of wildflower mix. By the time Penelope wakes up, there'll be flowers for her to munch on! Oh, I miss that girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.