Hibernating a Russian tortise please help

Humprey85

Location (City and/or State)
Bury St Edmunds
Hello we have had humprey since March we brought him off his previous owners who kept him outside all year round with a heat lamp. When we brought him home in March we kept him indoor until the warmer months and he spent the summer roaming the garden and coming inside in the evenings. He been inside since the cold hit how's the best way to hibernate him as he's slowed right down and barely eaten in weeks all we have is a shed outside and I'm worried with the temperature drop from inside to outside we are in the uk

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to hibernated him in a controlled environment. Frig, basement, a closet or garage that stays a constant cold but not freezing.
@Tom can further help.
I don't hibernate mine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello we have had humprey since March we brought him off his previous owners who kept him outside all year round with a heat lamp. When we brought him home in March we kept him indoor until the warmer months and he spent the summer roaming the garden and coming inside in the evenings. He been inside since the cold hit how's the best way to hibernate him as he's slowed right down and barely eaten in weeks all we have is a shed outside and I'm worried with the temperature drop from inside to outside we are in the uk
I'm working on a new thread to explain all of this right now. In the mean time, scroll to post number 19 for the how-to:

Questions are welcome, and so are you! :)