Hibernate

Buddy2022

Location (City and/or State)
phoenix
Hi . My tortoise name is Buddy . This is my first time with him in the Hibernating stage. How do I know when he's ready. I do notice he is slowing down. Ill try and post his pictures here, just trying to figure it out how to. He was given to me two years ago early March . But I had to send him to my friend last year in October. We had plans already to leave the states for two months. I love watching him walk around . Buddy is super fast and so enjoyable to watch. He is an escape artist. any open gate or door he finds it. Neighbors have brought him back 3 times. He just goes down the sidewalk lol . But now he is the backyard.

Buddy2022

phoenix
pictures of Buddy. Pic number 4 is his underside

Attachments

• buddy1.jpg
    buddy1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • buddy2.jpg
    buddy2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • buddy4.jpg
    buddy4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • buddy5.jpg
    buddy5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • buddy3.jpg
    buddy3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! I'm assuming Buddy is a desert tortoise, but I must admit, that coloration is throwing me. He's a beauty.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi . My tortoise name is Buddy . This is my first time with him in the Hibernating stage. How do I know when he's ready. I do notice he is slowing down. Ill try and post his pictures here, just trying to figure it out how to. He was given to me two years ago early March . But I had to send him to my friend last year in October. We had plans already to leave the states for two months. I love watching him walk around . Buddy is super fast and so enjoyable to watch. He is an escape artist. any open gate or door he finds it. Neighbors have brought him back 3 times. He just goes down the sidewalk lol . But now he is the backyard.
Here is the info for brumation. Scroll down to post number 19: